| NOTE: I’m currently not able to take on new mentorships |
I’m joining my friend Diana Kimball’s /mentoring movement. Pleased to meet you!
Every major step forward in my life so far has been inspired and encouraged by the mentors I’ve been fortunate enough to have. I believe that hopes, dreams, and advice are best shared in ongoing, personal relationships, and it’s important to me to make myself available as a mentor to others.
I’ve had so many great experiences in my life, and I’d love to share them if you’re considering pursuing a similar path.
- For the past 2,5 years, I’ve been the Community Evangelist for SoundCloud, the social sound sharing platform
- Prior to SoundCloud, I was the founding employee of an entertainment web startup that was a spectacular failure
- I’ve worked as a project manager for marketing agencies, spent 3 years on the road tour managing bands from the US in Europe, was an A&R for an independent record label, worked in a record store, as a waiter and in a factory packing trucks.
- I dropped out of college
- I was a scout chief for 5 years after having been a scout myself for 13 years
If you’d like to work together, you can write me a letter responding to the questions below; I’ll write back to all letters I receive in this way within two weeks no matter what. In response to the most exceptional letters, I’ll propose further correspondence—and in certain cases, an ongoing mentoring relationship.
1. Tell me about yourself. How did you become who you are, and who do you want to become?
2. What do you hope to gain from our mentoring relationship?
3. What’s the best thing you’ve read, watched, or listened to lately?
4. What are you curious about in life?
Add links to any profiles or projects you’re proud of, and send it all to:
david[at]david-noel[dot]com (please use /mentoring in the subject)
Last but not least, here are some great tips for a successful mentor/mentee relationship.
I look forward to learning together!